Why Your Gift Matters
When you invest in Girls Inc. of Washington County, you invest in empowering girls to succeed and overcome challenges. Gifts to Girls Inc. of Washington County are put to work to create the Girls Inc. experience, that consists of people, an environment, and programming that, together, enable girls to succeed:
- The people are trained staff and volunteers who build lasting, mentoring relationships, and peers who share their drive and aspirations.
- The environment is girls-only, physically and emotionally safe; there is a sisterhood of support, high expectations, and respect.
- The research-based programming is hands-on, minds-on, and meets the needs of today’s girls to provide age-appropriate information and knowledge so girls make decisions leading to healthy lives; succeed academically; and develop life skills to prepare for adulthood.
Your support of Girls Inc. of Washington County helps girls to navigate gender, economic, and social barriers and grow up healthy, educated, and independent. Girls build confidence and embrace positive decision-making to take charge of their health and well-being, and achieve academic, personal, and career goals. Your support provides:
- A safe place where girls’ interests, opinions, and concerns are valued by adults and other girls
- Trusting relationships with adult mentors with expertise in issues girls face
- Experiences that broaden girls’ horizons and counter stereotypes
- Curricula built on research that provides age-appropriate knowledge and builds girls’ skills
- Hands-on, challenging, and fun activities that encourage girls to embrace learning
- A consistent presence from elementary through high school that helps girls make positive choices and plan for their futures
Donate by mail
Donations may be mailed to:
Girls Inc. of Washington County
626 Washington Avenue
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Donate by phone
To make a donation by phone call 301-733-5430.
Double or triple your gift's impact. To find out if you qualify, please contact your employer's human resources department.
Give a gift of stock
A gift of stock can provide support for Girls Inc. and offer you financial benefits as well. Please contact us at 301-733-5430 for more information.