Girls Inc. delivers life-changing programs that inspire girls to be strong, smart, and bold. Research-based curricula, delivered by trained professionals, equip girls to achieve academically; lead healthy and physically active lives; manage money; navigate media messages; and discover an interest in science, technology, engineering, and math.
STRONG: Healthy Living
These are program activities and experiences that provide girls with the knowledge, skills and encouragement to develop and sustain a healthy lifestyle.
- Health and Sexuality
- Ice Skating
- Roller Skating
- Rock Climbing
- Fitness: Yoga, walking club, aerobics, exercise
- Nutrition classes
- Dance- Jazz, hip-hop, tap and ballet
SMART: Academic Enrichment and Support
These are program activities and experiences that expand on and support school-based learning and engagement.
- Operation Smart (Science, Math, and Related Technology)
- Economic Literacy
- Homework tutoring
- Multi Cultural Activities
- Spanish Class
- Work of Heart- Arts and Culture
- Arts and Crafts
- Painting, drawling, sculpting
- Sewing, knitting
- Creative writing/Journaling
BOLD: Life Skills Instruction
These are program activities and experiences that build the learning, skill and behaviors that enable girls to function independently and live a productive and fulfilling life.
- Media Literacy
- Self Defense and personal safety
- Bulling Prevention
- Community Service Projects
- Leadership Development
- Leadership activities
- Career Education
- Health and Beauty: Etiquette, skin care, makeup, hair care, hygiene